The Labyrinth of Solitude
The Labyrinth of Solitude by Octavio Paz
- pg. 57 - "Everything in the modern world functions as if death did not exist," or if death is not ignored then it is treated with indifference.
- pg. 73 - History and understanding certain traits of our character
- pg. 81 - The macho and power (notes on sex and sexuality)
- pg. 87 - Breaking with the past and renouncing origins is to live in isolation and solitude
- pg. 94 - The Aztecs and Imperial fatigue
- pg. 108 - Christian idea of saving the soul disconnected from the group and the body
- pg. 172 - The labyrinth for all mankind
- pg. 175 - Revolution and community
- pg. 203 - Adolescence is extreme self-consciousness, transcended only by self forgetfulness, or self surrender.