Stones Into Schools
Promoting Peace with Books, Not Bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan
This is the follow-up to "Three Cups of Tea" and most of story moves from Pakistan into Afghanistan. I love these books, as they bring out all kinds of religious and worldview questions.
Here are some of the highlights:
- pg. 111 - the story of Abdul the 11 year old orphan
- pg. 140 - the story of the kids doing school in the bathroom
- pg. 262 - Kolenda and the third way option
- pg. 268 - Wakil's home of 23 years
- pg. 272 - landmines in Afghanistan
We just finished a teaching session on the Sermon on the Mount...the difficult teachings of Jesus, i.e. "blessed are the peacemakers, love your enemies, turn the other cheek," etc. These are so difficult that we mostly ignore them. It's interesting to see someone pursuing these and the blessedness that comes from those efforts.